Langfords Hotel Brokers has been a trusted name in Hotel Broking since 1959. We are proud of our reputation for integrity and professionalism and our willingness to offer cost free advice and guidance to prospective vendors and purchasers.
Langfords Hotel Brokers provides a complete package for the sale of licensed premises, including:
- Advice & consultancy to hoteliers and prospective buyers
- Advice on the sales process from the date of taking formal instruction to the date of settlement
- Providing advice on the various methods of marketing the hotel for sale and making recommendations in respect thereof
- Explaining market conditions at any given time and providing market value appraisals relative to all contributing factors and influences.
- Compilation of relevant documentation and preparation of the Information Memorandum for prospective purchases, including:
- background of hotel,
- licence conditions, liquor and gaming licences
- licensed premises plan
- trading results (and analysis of these trading results),
- gaming statistics (where appropriate)
- lease information
- details of any plant not included on sale
- details of any supplier agreements (particularly for lease of plant)
- Arranging advertising of the hotel within the advertising budget set by the vendor, including
- Posting the hotel on our corporate website, social media sites and email newsletter
- Arranging periodic advertising in the Advertiser’s Business Journal
- Marketing the hotel in a professional and credible manner to maximise buyer interest
- Negotiating the sale & purchase of hotels, motels and other licensed premises, including:
- Negotiating with prospective purchasers with the aim of achieving “Offer and Acceptance” in a timely manner
- Negotiating with landlords (for leasehold hotels) where necessary to facilitate a sale.
- Liaison with vendor’s solicitors and accountants
- Preparing the Contract of Sale and Purchase (in most cases)
- Preparing inventories of in situ plant & equipment included in the sale
- Attending the hotel on the day of settlement to assist with physical handover and to conduct the stocktake.
Our professional services to prospective and actual purchasers include:
- Providing advice and guidance to prospective buyers (especially first time buyers) without cost or obligation. Informal meetings can be held in our offices, their home or a coffee shop.
- Assisting purchasers in preparing a Letter of Offer
- Referring buyers to a specialist Licensing Lawyer to vet the lease document and contract and facilitate the actual transfer.
- Referring buyers to a specialist hotel accountant (if requested) to assist in preparation of a business plan and cash flow forecast which are usually required by financiers for funding.
- At contract stage, providing advice and contacts to set up credit facilities with various suppliers.
Our consultancy services also include market value appraisals (both formal & informal).